Thursday, November 29, 2007

Being Myself

Murphy's Law: If anything can go wrong, it will.

True, but I guess it is how one handles him or herself in such situations that makes a difference. Being the pessimistic person I am, I always would think up the worse case scenario, and that would normally be the threshold of my patience and sanity. Since I do have a rather imaginative mind, nothing I have experienced thus far supersede the madness that I could come up with. In majority cases, I would actually find the whole ordeal rather funny, and "that's not too bad" would be my response. Of course, I can not deny my gender stereotype that I do whine and complain about the whole incident. However, things will always work themselves out one way or another, and I do enjoy the outcome quite often.

Since the decision of my relocation came to me, I have been making plans to make the most out of my remaining days here in Japan. In contrary to what most people think, I have actually started to pack and striking off days to my move. It is not too much on excitement, but more likely that I would just want to get this over with. Thus, as I busy myself with such plans, it ticks me off a little when things do not go my way. I guess I have taken for granted the convenience of staying at the ol' campus block, but no worries, something will work out. The other thing that irritates me today is the cut across my right knuckle from last night. It bled, and it still stings. I need some TLC on that but I guess a band-aid will do for now.

Taking my mind of what bites, let's talk about my one of my favorite pick-ups... SHOES! No matter how I feel, a good pair of shoes do cheer me up. It does not matter whether I am fat or thin, the right pair that completes the day's look, PERFECT!

I wish to dedicate my current mood-lifter to my boots. I just bought a new pair from Harajuku Tuesday night and seasoned them the very next day. These will be my 4th pair. My boots list: MNG boots (2000) bought with financial assistance from dad, Doc Marten's (2002) Suzanne's gift from London, and Internet-ordered western boots (2005) for I was bored in the dorms. Now I have a brand new pair of tan horse riding boots that ranks #1 in comfort. The cream-colored western boots and black MNG ones hold a tie for 2nd place. As cool as my Doc Marten's look, they are painful to wear and I have only had them on a handful of times.

Well, it seems to me that whenever I feel low in the mood looking stylish and good often bring compliments that brightens the day. I know I have been over-spending a tad of late, but let me have my piece of cake!

No comments: