Sunday, January 20, 2008

The Bunny Burrow (My Macao Apartment)

Although temporary and has loads of room for improvement, I am glad that I have a place of my own at this point of my life. Ladies and gentlemen, we have visual. This is my apartment, the before and after shots of the place. (Left:before. Right: after)
Walking through the threshold to my apartment, you will just see a "corridor" that exits to the kitchen on your right, through the dining and living area, the bathroom on your right, and then to the bedrooms. I guess this entrance is not too bad as it allows good air circulation when I leave all the doors and windows open. I would also enjoy some privacy as neighbors will not have the full view of everything in my apartment if I leave the door open.


Allow me to go through with you the rooms according to what I have mentioned above.


The Kitchen. As you see, it was rather pathetic. There was a glass shelf that was broken in areas. I decided that it had to go when I knocked my head against it. And the missing cabinet door under the sink which was mentioned in my previous blog about the contractor. The joke the worker made was "Why is the door missing? Did you steal it?" (Come on!) "You must be kidding. My taste is not THAT bad!" I replied in Cantonese. It took me some effort but my humble kitchen looks ok. I had teases for what I did to cover the exterior extensions of the ventilator/cooking hub. I thought it looked much better than the exposed one. The bamboo blinds on the left leads to the miniature washing area where the washing machine is placed.


Living and Dining.There is nothing much I can do about the view, as it looks right at the laundry area/living space of the apartment on the next block, but I do admit that it is rather spacious. Sticking your head out facing left, you would see the main street. Since I live on the 6th floor, I am able to hear the traffic and it gets a little too dusty if I leave the windows open all the time. Simplicity is the theme, and somehow I liked simple and dark colored furniture in contrast to the pale walls. Black and red complimented each other beautifully, and I love it. I still have enough space to section off the area near the windows for a smaller room, or try placing more furniture, but... I think it would be more economical to leave it just as it is for 'Twister' space when BY comes over. I am still waiting for my IKEA accessories of a throw or two, some baskets, more candles, and a red rug.











Bathroom. Well, pink plastic toilet seat. Go figure. Although unseen. I have cream colored rugs on the floor, and I am waiting for my IKEA order in which I will place another big black rug at the washing area. Trying to keep the place dry and fuzzy, while hiding the bits that are an eyesore to me.






My Bedroom. I love the beddings and the Chrsitmas feel to it. Placing the bed where the window is gives a nice look to it when I have the curtains drawn, but it is getting rather cold in the night. The view again is nothing much. It faces the parking lot and the other 2 blocks of apartments in this complex. There is a miniture garden in the airwell right in the middle of the complex. Again, due to being on the 6th floor, I do hear kids playing and parents or older folk yelling for them. Thank goodness I have rather nice curtains to shut out things I wish not see. The drapes are really nice for all of the windows.


The Closet Room. I place my clothes, accessories, and shoes here. Nothing else. A few have asked why I did not choose to sleep in this room. "I hate how the closet looks." The landlord had it painted white after I mentioned that it needs to be fixed. I knew that it was going to be painted and avoiding the smell when it was getting done, it was better that I slept in the other room. Even though it is equipped with closets and all, I still do not like it that much to place my bed there.


So, now you have had the grand tour, when will you visit? If you call me a friend, whenever you are in Macao, I insist that you come stay with me. There is lots of space and I am always happy to receive guests. Come on over!

4 comments:

suemae said...

Man! This entry took me forever. My b*tt is sore after sitting here for close to 2 hours working on it. It still could be improved, but I think I'd rather use my time for something more beneficial. This blogging business can get very addictive for a control-freak like me.

I hope you are not too bothered about the layout. I tried. If you have complaints, do teach me how to do a better job. I will totally appreciate it.

Su Anne said...

Wah... your place is sooo big man! Can have a kampung to stay inside ; P

Looking forward to go there and visit you!

Suzanne said...

The flat does look very big and spacious. You even have your own 'walk in wardrobe'. >.<

Nice curtains and your boudoir is really nice and cosy. All a girl need is a good bedroom!

suemae said...

Thanks for the generous comments.
Actually, I think the company is paying a ridiculous amount for rent. I have made friends with the neighbor, they are renting the 3 room apartment next to mine but is paying MOP 1000 less than I am!!! But seriously, my place is not all fabulous and living on the 6th floor near the main street should not have cost me that much.