Friday, January 25, 2008

IDIOTS!!! Total idiots!

My complaints and dislike for this place might be solely based on the lack of consideration the people over here has for others. In my previous entries, various incidents has described what annoys me about the people over here. But then again, I can not hate the people but just loathe their actions that highly reflects lack of common sense and consideration for others.

I am not feeling too well this morning. Maybe the strawberries consumed last evening was not of the best condition, and coupled with the time of the month, it was extremely difficult to get up this morning. My mid-section hurt pretty badly and I was stuck in the bathroom for some time, and they were moments when I just had to lie down or curl up hugging my knees to ease the pain. I even thought that it was cold enough to finally pull out a sweater. I feel nauseated and dizzy. Yup, I am sick all right.

Anyways, I arrived at the foot of the office building and when I was just entering the elevator, the door closed and I was caught in between. The elevator had around 6-8 people in it. A rather well dressed lady was standing near the elevator control panel. She did nothing to hold the door. A man (foreigner) from the back of the elevator had to lurch in front to reopen the door. It was really nice of him, and did strengthen the comment I made to SA yesterday "There are gentlemen in Macao, but they are 99.9% a foreigner (Caucasian or South East Asian). There is hope for Macao." (Or may I have said it too soon?)

NOTE:
Common sense rules for being considerate:
It is only polite if you hold the elevator door (or any door open) for people who are entering if you are at the door or near the control panel. Even if you are not getting off the elevator soon, it is ideal to maneuver the elevator doors for the rest of the passengers. This reflects grace. There is nothing wrong to be the last person getting off the elevator.

Mind you, I have always try to put the money where my mouth is, and I do give credit for every gentlemen met. Even though Macao is going through a phase of improving itself, changing the mindset of the people will prove to be a huge challenge. If those who works in an office environment (with the assumption that they are educated enough to do so) fail to possess common sense and consideration for others, what more to the common laborers that generally populate the condense and developing areas of Macao? To the well-dressed and "seemingly educated" I would stoop low to actually say "Didn't you learn any manners?"

No comments: