Wednesday, January 23, 2008

It Feels Like Work, Finally!

The sudden resuscitation of a project has caused a sudden surge of workload to fall on my lap. Man! I thought it was over. What in the world are they thinking? Well, it is my job, and thus I dutifully carry out what needs to be done. Fingers crossed that every party will be cooperative in it.

My current project has also gone sour with an unexpected pause to something we have hoped for. Back to square one, I guess.

Today, we had our usual weekly meeting but I was annoyed by a few incidents. For starters, I wish that Asians have some backbone in standing up to Westerners. Having a good command of the common tongue was a requirement for the job. Furthermore, if it is something to your concern, take it into account to voice out your opinion. Why do you choose to shut up and agree in resentment, or show no support, agreement, or opinion when someone who shares the same concern does stand up to speak? Could the command and common understanding the office lingua franca be the problem? Come on, you guys know much more about how this company works, and I know the issue concerns you too. If you have questions, ASK!

As for westerners, please give credit to those who actually has the courage to voice an opinion, carry out a discussion, and take on a debate even if their language skills are not close to your standard of perfection. Do not mock or dismiss us like we are the Asians who were stuck in the pre-enlightenment-brought-by-the-West-era. It is just rude.

Maybe I said too much, maybe I still have yet to understand fully how the system works; however, I am a person who learns by friction to totally grasp the idea and will be able to explain to others in a simple manner in the future. Well, I guess there is still a lot more for me to learn about the popular work culture of the day.

No comments: