Thursday, January 17, 2008

Crazy Macao Climate

The after a week and a half of summer heat, the weather took a change and plunged to the low of 10C. I was absentminded again and forgot my tights when I packed for the gym yesterday. It was not too bad as I stayed indoors all day, but it was rather nippy when I was out for dinner with AO and NC, walking to restaurants in my heels and wearing my summer skirt without any socks or stockings. It was nice as I could totally complain about what I do not like about this place. AO just laughed and NC said that I was bitter about the place. Yes, my prejudices against Macao. I do not deny it. Dinner, however, was wonderful. We had Portuguese near the Senado Square and shared wine and many appetizers. The conversation was heart warming and we did have a great time. I totally forgot that I was in Macao and thought that it was an evening in Tokyo, interrupted only when a young Chinese waiter introducing each dish he brought to the table in Cantonese.

The wine put me to sleep instantly once I crossed the threshold of my apartment, and I could not get up for my work out routine this morning. Hmm, including today, I have not been to the gym for a proper work out for 4 days. What more, I have been snacking loads of chocolates at my cubicle, had past 10pm snacks of chips and chocolates, a huge pizza lunch, and that dinner last night. Ooh, the calories need to be burnt. It was cold this morning and I guess the cold would help burn some calories as my choice of clothes today was not the warmest for the day. I have my jacket on indoors as I only had a turtleneck on. SA asked whether I was cold for I certainly was not dressed for the day. The only thing warm on me was the beanie I wore. "I thought it was cold enough to use this in Macao today." Well, I guess I am able to enjoy my winter fashion and clothing here on cold days like today. I wonder whether we will have more days like such?

No comments: