Wednesday, January 9, 2008

I Will Get You... Each and Everyone of You!


毎日のちいさなしあわせを 大切にしようね・・・
I see myself smiling to myself thinking about the conversations we had.
*********************************************************************************

"DIE! DIE you roaches!!!" I am grossed out by these creepers. Even though I try to keep my apartment spotless, these creatures were found running around my kitchen. Eew! They must go! I bought some roach traps on Monday and place 4 in the kitchen. I was pleased to see that there were none in sight last night apart from one which was over turned, dead, at the foot of the fridge. However, I did spot one on the shower curtain as I did my laundry last night. We need a trap for the bathroom too. Grr... I hope the roach situation will not turn out to be like "Joe's Apartment."

I almost did not want to get up, or go to work this morning. I was too lazy to board the bus, head to the gym and for work. Let me sleep. I wonder whether I should I chosen Option 1 during my apartment search instead? It would just be 2 minutes walk to the gym and 10 minutes away by foot to the office. There will be no need for me to take the bus and go through encounters that cringe me morning and evening.

... maybe not. Even though I am going to enjoy not having to take the public transport, I guess living in my current area still fares better as it is much more convenient for shopping and food. And, I will be interacting more with the local living culture being able to visit their street market and local coffee shops at a more reasonable price. Anyways, I might have chosen Option 1 if the apartment was higher than the 20th floor; otherwise, I reckon the street pollution would be worse than my current place and easily access by roaches too.

Well, since I missed my work out this morning and just had time to sit in the sauna for a while, I will head back to the gym for some "machine time" this evening. I have 2 months to prepare for the big event.

5 comments:

Suzanne said...

Put the traps near drain holes, that's where they come out from, usually.

You'll be surprise how many sites have ways to catch the roaches, even a Uni has a website on it! Only thing is that they seem to have an obsession with vacuum cleaners and freezing.

Happy catching!

suemae said...

I don't plan to catch, I plan to KILL. Wipe them off the face of the planet. Man! These creatures have been roaming the earth with the dinosaurs, survived plagues and nuclear wars, and I think they will continue to last after the effects of global warming.

I am content seeing the dead. Otherwise, the age old method of stepping on them, pounding them with my slipper, and just squishing them with a kleenex in my hands.

DIE YOU!!!

Suzanne said...

Thought it would be more fulfilling to catch them all and kill them by lot or one by one? muauahhahahahahahaha *sadistic laugh*

Can't deny it is such an amazing creature like they last through all those periods.

suemae said...

would you suggest that we start taking 'essence of roach' for longivity and sturdiness? (YUCK! Major YUCKS!)

Su Anne said...

The cockroaches are quite persistent... the more you kill the more they come. By the way, there was a centipede in the toilet when i was mopping the floor at home, man... it was like 10 cm long. I freaked so ask mummy to get rid of it. Tried spraying the fella into the drain hole, but it doesn't go in. So ur mother just step on it. Now that's gross!