Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Food Cravings

I am hungry. I am hungry for something tasty that I would really enjoy. Even though I am supposed to watch what I eat these days, I am craving for a big bowl of green salad with tomatoes and avocados, followed by a bowl of really rich and creamy soup, and maybe some nice German bread.

Please do not get me wrong, I do enjoy good Chinese food but I guess I miss having light lunches on the go like a sandwich. Man! What would I give just to have a decent sandwich right now. A simple ensemble from a regular deli or bakery, or from Subways. Mm mm.... I also miss pizza. I have been longing to have just a simple pepperoni pizza with extra cheese. Something from Dominoes would be close to perfect. The pizzas they have at Pizza Hut over here are not palatable to my taste.

And what would make my day but a good slice of dessert. Delicious cake that resembles a work of art is what I miss the most in my daily food. Ok, I will not be picky and would settle for a nice scoop of ice-cream. SIGH!!!

What has been described is close to impossible to find in Macao, and even if I do find them, they would cost a bomb! Whoever says that Macao is a "city" should really consider the food culture of a globalized world. From the above mentioned, they are mostly fast food and could be found anywhere in a decent city at a reasonable price.
ARRGH!!!! Someone please give me something that I would eat and enjoy!!!

1 comment:

suemae said...

I got a sandwich from a nearby book cafe (obviously owned by foreigners). They serve blended coffee too. However, a sandwich the size of my palm cost MOP32!!! That was a little too pricey for a mediocre tasting gorumet sandwich.

Lesson learned: Make your own.