Monday, February 11, 2008

Another Day

I wish I had a vacuum cleaner with me so that I can suck out the concrete debris from my washing machine. What?

I am not kidding. Finally, I have the time and need to use the washing machine at my apartment. It has been more than 6 weeks since I had the machine in my possession, but since it was filthy, I chose to do all of my laundry by hand all this while. Now, it is just getting too cold to do them by hand and I am just too lazy to wash a pair of jeans under such circumstances. So, FINALLY I took time to clean the second hand washing machine my cheap landlord got for the apartment. There were stuff in the washing machine from the previous owner. The lint trap was filled with gunk, and it took me close to an hour to scrub off the dirt and grime from the bracket of the lint trap itself, which at the end, the grayish-brown mess finally revealed a light blue plastic frame. It took me another hour or so to wash the insides of the machine. After running a cycle with anti-bacterial cleaning detergent, there were pieces of concrete and sand swimming at the bottom of the drum. Gross. Without the exact utensils I was looking for, I resort to fishing out the foreign objects with a towel by hand. Even after washing a round of clothes, the lint trap was filled with unknown objects and more concrete bits. (Hmm, I wonder which would actually have taken more of my time and energy? Washing the machine or the pair of jeans by hand? Ironic)

Well, at least at the end of the ordeal I have a cleaner washing machine than I had before, and now, I could use the machine whenever I want to. Another day to my simple life. I had better dress up to do some grocery shopping as it is back to work for me tomorrow.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

What a state!

Anyways, when you are over, remind me to give you some stuff for your washing machine.

Can't wait to see you!

xxx

suemae said...

I can't wait to bail out of here.
SAVE ME!!!