Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Counting Days


I just received the greeting card from mom. I found it sitting at the table near the entrance as I fixed myself a cup of tea. Dated January 26 when it was in the hands of the Malaysian post, it took 3.5 weeks to make it to me via airmail. All hail the Malaysian and Macao post. They have finally found compatibility in slow delivery. No complaints. I am glad that the card arrived 2 days before the Lunar New Year is over.

It was a beautiful card that could be displayed as a festive decoration and useful as a calender. Mom also sent another calendar with the same post that marks important dates and holidays according to the Malaysian calendar.

I guess by now I have as many calenders and date markers with me as the word "calender" mentioned thus far. In the office I have 2 on my desk, there is one hanging in my bathroom at the apartment, my schedule book, and the 2 new ones mom sent, not to forget digital ones that come in my computer and clie. Therefore, we all these time markers around me, I hope that time will fly. It does bring a weird sense of excitement as every time I look at a calender, I could not help but to count the days that I have been here, the days to when I leave for my vacation, my family visiting, how long more I have to be here, my summer surprise, etc. There are sure going to keep me occupied when I am not doing anything is specific, right?

Fingers crossed... waiting.... still waiting... seems like nothing is happening... I guess it is time to count the days and strike off dates again.

No comments: