Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's Day

V-Day has become way too commercialized and is exerting more social pressure of late. Instead of just sharing love with one's beloved (family and friends included), the focus of this holiday (even though we still have to work) has been zoomed onto couples and revolve around gifts and tokens of love. I guess people are really keen to show that they have somebody to care for and vice-versa. And for those who are not participating in the events of the day are often left out to be categorized as lonely.

I am not totally engulfed in the effects of loneliness, yet. Moving here has severed me physically from the ones I love, but I have yet to start singing out loud in my apartment to kill the silence, and a healthy sign is that I have not started speaking to myself. Of course I do carry debates and discussions with the voices in my head. They come up with the most interesting ideas. Nevertheless, I do miss good company, and the apartment is rather bare and lifeless, although furnished. My thoughts are always with me and do keep me company at the gym, at work (when not socializing) and when I am out on the streets of Macao.

And such loneliness is amplified during Valentine's Day as I physically do not have any love ones near. No specific plans for me today, alright. Just another day. I was out to grab some grub for a late lunch and saw a few floral deliveries were being made. I was soon back at my desk again and the doorbell rang. Ooh, how nice it would be if I have a nice bouquet of my favorite blossoms being sent for me, but nah! That is highly unlikely to happen. The likelihood of me receiving anything is just a small package from my sister. And I was right, that delivery was for me and now I have a bag of sweets to keep the blues away. As for male company, I could not complain as 2 of the sweetest persons I know were online to chat with me keeping me company as I work.

Another year without any specific romantic plans or presents, but I am left with my memories and a thin smile of bitter sweetness.

To all of you out there, I wish you LOVE, the truest of its kind.

No comments: