Saturday, February 2, 2008

F.R.I.E.N.D.S.

Remember the TV series? I love the program. Even though I did not manage to catch every episode since it started in my high school days, the theme song and characters pretty much shaped an idea of what my peers and I had for our future. Now, I am at the age where the 6 friends were presented on the tele, and I wonder whether such fun and excitement awaits me.

I was reconnected lately through Facebook to the group of friends from my high school era who were THIS (fingers tightly crossed together) close. My class mates are now scattered around the world, but yet some of them still share the closest bond ever. Although there is a tinge of envy that I could not be with them in pictures depicting their latest fun-filled adventure (we are still close although not physically. I was told that they are used to not having me around since I am always on the go and can not join them.), but it is indeed heartwarming that the friendship shared still stand strong after 10 years and will still continue to do so. We still care deeply for each other, and are seriously interested in how life has been treating them.

Oh, I miss hanging out with my buddies. When will we be able to hang out like the good ol' times again? I have reached the point in my life where I have a place of my own, a distinctive role in the work force, and the earning power to manage life as I wish. What would make my time in Macao perfect is that I have my buddies with me hanging out at my place for it was decorated just for such a purpose. We could have so much fun watching TV together, talking, eating around the table, etc. Hmm, watching the series again fans the flame of my lonely thoughts leading me to think that it would be super if I have people sharing my apartment with me. How wonderful it would be if I have my adorable buddies here, or even a roommate!

Well, I just have to make the best out of my situation now. I had my work mates over a week or two ago for dinner and a movie, and we had SO much fun. A good group of 7, we shared a meal, watched a horror DVD, and played cards. It was a blast. Imagine if I could have such company all the time! (Laughs)

Ending with F.R.I.E.N.D.S. I think I am very close to be a “Monica.” I am a total control freak and insist on playing the best host. I am very picky about how things should be and the effort put into cleaning and straightening out my place. But apart from that, I guess I am still very much me. (Haha.. made you think!)

Wrapping it up, sing the theme song from the Rembrants as the catchy tune does talk about a friend who will always be there for you. Cheers to you, my friends!

No comments: