Saturday, February 9, 2008

Pull Yourself Together. Take a Walk Outside.

I am pathetic and need to seriously keep it together.


For this once I was actually timing myself to how long and how pathetic I am in setting up a sad stage for the holiday season and being the wet blanket. I did not step out of the apartment since around 7pm on Wednesday. I have been indoors for about 68 hours, of which around 40 hours was spent sleeping, and the rest in front of the idiot box or the computer, which maybe 3 hours were spend cooking or grooming myself as needed. For food I made macaroni and stuffed myself with nothing but cookies, a pack a day!!! (There goes my month of work out at the gym.) I finally told myself that I need to get out and experience the Lunar New Year atmosphere outside and did take the hassle to dress up for a walk.

I was amazed that the streets were clean. Yes, they were actually in a state that I would actually say that it was neat and clean. There were just traces of what was left of firecrackers that could not be picked up in the drain grates, and maybe a piece of stray trash or two, but otherwise, the street was actually clean! (Amazed!!!) I was surprised that most stores were (still) not open on the 3rd day of the festivities. It was rather quiet and I did have a problem finding a fruit stand. (Hmm, maybe I should have tried the market.) My reward from the maybe 1 hour walk outside was getting some drinking water and groceries from the supermarket, lunch, and some sunlight. I tried to cheer myself up by walking to an outlet store selling clothes but I guess since we have sun and it does seem a little warmer, I have no need to get myself a new jacket… or, do I?

This entry is neither here or there, a good reflection of my current state. So, what should I do? I think my DVD player went bonkers of watching too many episodes of F.R.I.E.N.D.S yesterday. Now, since I am back indoors again, seriously, what should I do?

No comments: