Monday, February 25, 2008

What Lacks in Making the Real World Perfect is Background Music

Whether you are a drama queen or a romantic, there is no doubt that you would agree with this. I bet you there are moments when you just wished that music was resounding as you are doing something, just to make that moment more captivating and memorable. Being a huge theme park fan, I appreciate the music being played in the background makes reality of the moment fun. Just think about it, imagine how wonderful it would be taking a walk with your date down a promenade with a scenery and MUSIC!

I listen to music for relaxation and to quiet down the voices in my head during chill-out evenings and before bed. I am not a big fan of portable music as I would like to give my attention to my surroundings, especially when I am around familiar faces. However, I have started carrying music around with me since I started having long commutes on the silent trains in Japan. When I am not reading, it is often nice to have something to listen to nourish the soul. Over here, I generally have music with me all the time to shut out undesirable noises and use it in an attempt to modify reality.

The people culture over here still bums me out, and confronting this is a challenge, especially on my daily bus rides. I know this sounds absolutely arrogant, but I do prefer if people need to speak, they should speak with a suitable pitch, tone, and tongue, otherwise, silence is preferred. I am psychologically put off to the use of Cantonese. Due to my past experiences, somehow, I find the language rather loud and rude. Nevertheless, my ears are exposed to worse in the other Chinese dialects that are widely used by the bus commuters.

I am not being very approachable here in Macao. I just refuse to speak with others (except the few in my daily circle). It is a common sight to see this bunny with her plug-in earphones playing her favorite tunes drowning out everything around here, and having her sunnies on. Hear no "evil," speak no "evil," and see no "evil." I just happily psyche myself to take on my life here grooving to my own BGM.

No comments: